5 Things You Need to Consider Before Getting a Home Addition
Do you feel like your home needs more room? If you’re already making the best use of your current space, then it’s time for a home addition. Adding more space will improve your quality of life, your home will feel less cramped, and add value to your home. Colonial Remodeling talks about the five things you need to think about before adding more room.
1. The Size of the Addition – As the expert in home additions and siding in Alexandria, VA, we recommend analyzing the way you use your current space. By making small additions to critical areas like the kitchen, you’ll experience significant results. Think about how additional space will improve your home’s efficiency.
2. Cost and Feasibility – Your home’s geography significantly affects the cost of the project. While building additions is possible on a steep slope or in areas that are difficult to access, it’s more time and resource-intensive. Talk to us before you plan your addition so we can recommend more cost-effective solutions.
3. Your Exterior’s Appearance – As the leading home additions and siding contractor in Fairfax, VA, we understand the importance of a beautiful exterior. Before adding space to your home, consider if it will match your home’s current appearance. Older homes can have weatherworn wood and rare vinyl or brick siding that are hard to match. As an exterior design specialist, we’ll help you create an addition that’s easy to integrate to your home.
4. Your Home’s Floor Plan – Think about the new floor plan you want and consider its impact on your current lifestyle. Will the addition make a big impact on the quality of your life? Are there alternatives that achieve the result you want for less? Your goal is for your addition to make the biggest impact possible.
5. Your Available Area – Lastly, make sure to research your land-use codes and your available backyard space. The addition you want should fit your available space. Consult a qualified contractor like us because our many years of experience mean we can make the best recommendations for your home.
A home addition will make your home feel more luxurious and spacious. You can accommodate more family members or give your current family members some much needed space and breathing room. Colonial Remodeling has helped homeowners in Fairfax and the surrounding areas improve their homes since 1996. Our team of designers, project managers, and craftsmen will make sure your home addition is successful. Give us a call to learn more about home additions, or to request a free estimate.