What Every Homeowner Needs to Know About a Hail Storm and the Insurance Restoration Process
When a powerful storm hits that produces hail damage in Northern Virginia, you may see fallen trees or leaves littering the ground. Think you are in the clear? You may not be. This is when you need to call a professional contractor to check your roof and siding for hail damage. Let Colonial Remodeling, the area’s leading roofing and siding contractor, help you assess your home’s condition after the storm.
- First, a Colonial Remodeling Field Supervisor will conduct an inspection of your property to determine the extent of damage to your roof, siding, gutters, windows and the interior of your home.Common signs of roof damage are missing shingles, bruised or dented shingles, or granules collecting in gutters or downspouts.You may also experience leaking in your ceiling or roof, or dents on vents and gutters.Hail may also cause dents, chips, cracks or discolored spots in your paint or siding.
- Once damage is found, contact your insurance company.Once you have an insurance claim number, Colonial Remodeling’s Field Supervisor will contact the Insurance Adjuster assigned to the claim. We will begin the restoration process now as your construction representative.
- Colonial Remodeling will meet with the Adjuster and point out the full extent of damage done.We will make sure to be your strongest ally in getting your insurance company to approve the amount that we honestly feel you are entitled to.
- Once we receive approval, the adjuster will instruct your insurance company to write you a check for at least half the total cost of the project.
- While you are waiting for your payment, you and the Colonial Remodeling Field Supervisor will choose from construction materials, colors, etc.
- Our Production Manager will schedule the work to be done to your home and assign management crews.Then, on the day of construction, our Project Manager will be at your home to meet the crews to get started.
- Once the project is finished, you and our Field Supervisor will go over the Inspection Checklist together in detail to confirm that everything has been restored to your utmost satisfaction.
- Finally, we will invoice your insurance company the remainder of the money due for the project. When you receive final payment from your insurance company, our Field Supervisor will come to your home to collect the check and do a final inspection to make sure you are completely satisfied with the results.
Colonial Remodeling is a family owned, local business with the experience to settle your insurance claim and handle your restoration project. We also view this hail storm in Stafford, VA as a wonderful opportunity to continue to expand our customer base. After all, we are a remodeling company first. But with over twenty years of experience under our belt settling insurance claims and remodeling homes, we are confident that we have something very unique to offer our potential clients. In the end, we are certain that you will refer us to your friends, family, and neighbors both DURING and AFTER THE STORM.
Call us at (703) 534-0800 to schedule your damage assessment today!